Fundraising Events - Donate Today
Our fundraising events for September and October have come to a close. Thank you to those who donated towards our cause to Sprout more Chefs!
We are now working on our efforts for an intimate dinner gathering in late November. Stay tuned for details!
Donations can be received by E Transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org with no fees, going directly towards our programs. Or our Donation Page via credit card Or by Mailing a cheque directly to us to: Sprouting Chefs Society, 2070 Birch Grove Pl, Burnaby, BC, V5A 4A3
School Garden Programs
Starting a garden project in a school that is yet to see many flowers let alone some grass can be a daunting task. Knowing where to start, what the vision is and what a school needs to make a project successful and sustainable are all tricks in my garden bag.
- Mental Wellness for Children
- Outdoor Labyrinth for schools
- Discover our Seed to Table Program and how we integrate the BC Curriculum into our Gardening and Cooking Activities
- Current School Garden Programs in BC
- What teachers are saying about our school garden programs
Our Summer Day Camp program is a fun way to “Sprout the Chef” within each participant with day camp sessions running from 9 am to 3 pm Mondays to Fridays throughout the summer months of July and August. Sprouting Chefs is a community based company offering services of cooking and gardening programs for children and opportunities for youth.
- Locations for our Kids Cooking Classes and Camps
- Other Cooking Classes we have offered to community groups
After School Programs
School gardens become more sustainable when paired with a harvesting, tasting and cooking class. Students who experience the ability to plant, grow, care for and then harvest and eat veggies from a school garden are more likely to adjust their eating habits and become healthy kids.
- After School Garden Clubs and how they build communities
- After School Cooking Classes at Forest Grove Elementary
- In School Cooking Classes
- What parents and students are saying about our gardening and cooking classes