School Garden Programs
Starting a garden project in a school that is yet to see many flowers let alone some grass can be a daunting task. Knowing where to start, what the vision is and what a school needs to make a project successful and sustainable are all tricks in my garden bag.
- Mental Wellness for Children
- Outdoor Labyrinth for schools
- Discover our Seed to Table Program and how we integrate the BC Curriculum into our Gardening and Cooking Activities
- Current School Garden Programs in BC
- What teachers are saying about our school garden programs
Our Summer Day Camp program is a fun way to “Sprout the Chef” within each participant with day camp sessions running from 9 am to 3 pm Mondays to Fridays throughout the summer months of July and August. Sprouting Chefs is a community based company offering services of cooking and gardening programs for children and opportunities for youth.
- Locations for our Kids Cooking Classes and Camps
- Other Cooking Classes we have offered to community groups
After School Programs
School gardens become more sustainable when paired with a harvesting, tasting and cooking class. Students who experience the ability to plant, grow, care for and then harvest and eat veggies from a school garden are more likely to adjust their eating habits and become healthy kids.
- After School Garden Clubs and how they build communities
- After School Cooking Classes at Forest Grove Elementary
- In School Cooking Classes
- What parents and students are saying about our gardening and cooking classes