Ride for Refuge
On October 2, we’re fundraising with the Ride for Refuge to call attention to our school garden programs that we feel really strongly about. By participating in the our event, A Walk for Peace on Sept 21, by pledging for any student walking our outdoor labyrinth or pledging a student learning how to cook on Oct 2nd virtually, you are supporting our cause. Now more than ever, we are in need of ways to foster peace within ourselves, strengthen our immune system and learn sustainable ways to take care of Mother Nature! Funds raised will go directly to support 3 school gardens (Forest Grove, Edmonds Community School and Windsor) with our Seed to Table Program, Garden Clubs and bringing new team members to expand our capacity. Thanks for supporting us! #ride21
School Garden Programs
Starting a garden project in a school that is yet to see many flowers let alone some grass can be a daunting task. Knowing where to start, what the vision is and what a school needs to make a project successful and sustainable are all tricks in my garden bag.
- Mental Wellness for Children
- Outdoor Labyrinth for schools
- Discover our Seed to Table Program and how we integrate the BC Curriculum into our Gardening and Cooking Activities
- Current School Garden Programs in BC
- What teachers are saying about our school garden programs
Our Summer Day Camp program is a fun way to “Sprout the Chef” within each participant with day camp sessions running from 9 am to 3 pm Mondays to Fridays throughout the summer months of July and August. Sprouting Chefs is a community based company offering services of cooking and gardening programs for children and opportunities for youth.
- Locations for our Kids Cooking Classes and Camps
- Other Cooking Classes we have offered to community groups
After School Programs
School gardens become more sustainable when paired with a harvesting, tasting and cooking class. Students who experience the ability to plant, grow, care for and then harvest and eat veggies from a school garden are more likely to adjust their eating habits and become healthy kids.
- After School Garden Clubs and how they build communities
- After School Cooking Classes at Forest Grove Elementary
- In School Cooking Classes
- What parents and students are saying about our gardening and cooking classes